NCCER Rigging Kit
NCCER Rigging Kit
The NCCER Rigging Kit contains equipment required to conduct hands-on training, performance profiles and practical exams for basic, intermediate and advanced rigger candidates. In 2010, OSHA updated crane regulations to include additional training and qualifications for riggers. In response, NCCER has restructured and added to its existing curriculum to create a three-level rigger course that meets or exceeds the current requirements. Additionally, NCCER’s Rigger & Signal Person Certification Program meets or exceeds current safety standards and OSHA requirements. Accredited Assessment Centers with a Rigger & Signal Person Endorsement can deliver the certification program (assessments and practical examinations) to their employees/membership using their own equipment as personnel are available and time permits.
NOTE: For any Rigging Kits shipping to U.S. Territories, please contact us before placing your order.
- Cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
- May take 5-6 weeks for delivery.
- Cannot be purchased with purchase order.
- Not available for international purchase.
Who Can Order?
Anyone can order the NCCER Rigging Kit.
The NCCER Rigging Kit contains equipment required to conduct hands-on training, performance profiles, and practical exams for basic, intermediate, and advanced rigger candidates. The following additional equipment is required for conducting Rigger practical exams:
- One clipboard (optional)
- One stopwatch
- Three #2 pencils
- One pencil sharpener
- PVC Platform (download PVC platform specifications)
- Four nuts to fit 1/2-inch swivel hoist rings
** If an endorsed AAC wishes to assemble their own rigging kit, the Primary Administrator must contact NCCER for additional specifications.
- Tape Measure
- 5 Gallon Bucket (with sealable lid)
- Gang Box 24“ x 48“
- 48” long x 4” diameter PVC pipe
- 4”x4”x4” PVC tees
- Crosby Pocket Rigging Card (Item #9999875) (05/09)
- 1“ Screw Pin Shackles
- 3/4“ Screw Pin Shackles
- 3/8“ Forged Wire Rope Clips
- 1/2“ Anchor Bolt Type Shackle
- 1/2“ Alloy Oblong Master Links
- Eyebolts 1/2“ x 1.5“ (shouldered)
- Eyebolts 1/2“ x 1.5“ (unshouldered)
- 1/2“ Swivel Hoist Rings
- 6? Poly Round Slings 2600# Vertical
- 4? Poly Round Slings 2600# Vertical
- 2? Poly Round Slings 2600# Vertical
- 3/8“ x 6? Eye & Eye Wire Rope Sling
- 1“ x 6? 2 Ply Eye & Eye Web Sling
- 6? Length Wire Rope 3/8“
- 3/4“ x 15? Synthetic Rope
- 6” Synthetic Rope 3 sheave Block (6” Hook Tackle Block)
- 6” Synthetic Rope 3 sheave Block (6” Shackle Tackle Block)
- 1/2 Ton (min) x10? (min) Lift Chain Falls
- 1/2 Ton (min) x 10? (min) Lift Lever Hoist (1/2 Ton Ratchet Lever Hoist)
- 3/8“ Wedge Socket (Becket)
- 3/8“ Heavy Duty Thimble
- 1 Ton Carbon Eye Hook
The following items are required to administer the NCCER rigger practical exams but are NOT included in the kit:
- Site required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Clipboard (optional)
- Four #2 pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- (4) Nuts to fit 1/2” swivel hoist rings
- PVC platform (must contact NCCER for specifications)